Class offerings from The Mama Coach – Carolyn Marshall
Carolyn is an experienced RN (12+ years), former NICU nurse, International Childbirth Educator Candidate, and Certified Breastfeeding Specialist
To Register for any class, go to her website here:
Carolyn Marshall MScN
Registered Nurse, CBS
Labor and Birth Classes
Prenatal/Postpartum Education Classes
Lianne is a current labour and delivery/postpartum RN who also provides prenatal education, birth and postpartum support as a doula/birth coach. For more information about what makes her qualified to teach these courses, please feel free to read more about her at www.birthcoachlianne.com/about-me
Current class offerings include:
Labour & Delivery
- preparing for labour
- stages of labour
- vaginal and cesarean delivery
- pain management options
**New class offering** Coping in Labour & How to Involve your Partner
- the science of coping and how it affects labour progress
- early labour coping vs active labour coping
- review which positions to use as you progress through labour
- how to deal with back labour
- how to involve your partner
- the opportunity to practice various coping techniques and positions
Postpartum & Newborn Care
- preparing for postpartum
- what to expect
- optimizing your recovery
- newborn care
- soothing tips
- intro to feeding
Cost: $50 per class, and includes the attendance of a support person (partner, family member or friend). Registration includes a workbook for use during the session, and extensive emailed handouts and resources to be used during and after the session.
Payment can be made via e-transfer to email@example.com or cash on the night of the class.
FREE AND PAID PRENATAL AND BABYCARE CLASSES
PUBLIC HEALTH SUDBURY AND DISTRICT PRETATAL CLASSES – THEY ARE FREE
BREASTFEEDING BASICS FOR THE PRENATAL FAMILY
- Wanting to get started off on the right foot with breastfeeding? This class covers how to get breastfeeding started off on the right foot, common myths and what is normal for the newborn, breastfed baby.
- Get all the breastfeeding information you need in this 3-hour interactive class led by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- Whether this is your first baby or the newest addition to your growing family, this class is for everyone! We recommend attending in your third trimester.
- Did you struggle with breastfeeding? How to address concerns before your next baby arrives.
- This class is intended for parents whose breastfeeding experience didn’t go as planned or desired. If it’s your 2nd (or more!) baby and challenges with previous babies include not latching on, needing to supplement, exclusively pumping or not breastfeeding for as long as desired- this class is for you!
- We will go over common pitfalls in the early postpartum period, if supplement is needed, risk factors and what to do about them.