Virtual Breastfeeding and Newborn Care Class
Prenatal Breastfeeding Class August 24 7-830pm
As mamas, we plan for our births.
We know that knowledge is power. The more you know, the easier feeding can be. We know that feeding support may look different in the hospital during Covid-19. Women are going home as soon as possible after delivery, and sometimes feeding isn’t fully established. Taking this course will help you feel more prepared to nurse your baby!
Join us for our 90-minute virtual live workshop on prepping for breastfeeding.
Also included is an extensive feeding ebook and a 15 minute 1:1 private prenatal breastfeeding consult with Carolyn to discuss any specific concerns.
In the class we will be covering:
* Anatomy & Physiology of the Breast
* Colostrum and Milk
* Breastfeeding Positions
* Newborn Feeding Cues
* Effective Feeding
* Common Feeding Concerns
* Breast Care
* Bottle Feeding & Supplementation
* Pumping & Storing Breastmilk
Please note that there is some common content in the newborn care course feeding section.
Newborn Care Class August 26, 7-830pm
Mama – having a newborn is SCARY! Transitioning to motherhood is the most beautiful and challenging time in a woman’s life. We UNDERSTAND. There is no one right way to parent your new baby and we want to help you find your way. Let me help you make the newborn period easier by building your confidence as new parents.
Join me for a 90 minute live webinar where we teach you everything you need to know to be ready to care for your newborn. Carolyn is an experienced NICU/Pediatric RN.
This class will go over
* Newborn Care and Cleaning
* Bottle Feeding
* Common Feeding Concerns
* Fussy Baby
* Colic & The Period of Purple Crying
* Sleep Science
* Pacifiers & Swaddling Pros/Cons
* How to help with Sleep for a Newborn
* Safe Sleep
Also included is an extensive newborn ebook.
*Please note that there is some common content in the feeding section between this course and the prenatal breastfeeding course.*
Virtual Labor and Birth Classes
*NO July Class Available
August 9, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 9:00pm
Please contact Allison Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
BREASTFEEDING BASICS FOR THE PRENATAL FAMILY
Prenatal Breastfeeding Class
- Wanting to get started off on the right foot with breastfeeding? This class covers how to get breastfeeding started off on the right foot, common myths and what is normal for the newborn, breastfed baby.
- Get all the breastfeeding information you need in this 3-hour interactive class led by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
- Whether this is your first baby or the newest addition to your growing family, this class is for everyone! We recommend attending in your third trimester.
- Did you struggle with breastfeeding? How to address concerns before your next baby arrives.
- This class is intended for parents whose breastfeeding experience didn’t go as planned or desired. If it’s your 2nd (or more!) baby and challenges with previous babies include not latching on, needing to supplement, exclusively pumping or not breastfeeding for as long as desired- this class is for you!
- We will go over common pitfalls in the early postpartum period, if supplement is needed, risk factors and what to do about them.